First Trimester Must Haves

Friday, June 17, 2016



Since I am only a few weeks away from the second trimester I wanted to share some of the things that have helped me through the first one. The first trimester has not been easy by any means but the end result will totally be worth it. 


Ginger Ale has been the best life saver. If I am not throwing up than I am in a constant state of feeling like I need too. This seems to be the only thing to help keep things settled. I like that it is caffeine free and doesn't keep me awake if I sip on it in the middle of the night. 


This pillow is a gift from the god above. Before I got pregnant I was a stomach sleeper. That was the only way that I could sleep good at night. As soon as I got the words out of my mouth that the test was positive she told me to start sleeping on my side. Well that didn't work out to well for me. I had back pain and could not sleep because I was so uncomfortable. Finally I found this pregnancy pillow and it was like I couldn't sleep enough with this awesome pillow. It is a little pricey but I got the sleep that I needed. 



Vitamins are a key roll in your first trimester. That is when all the major organs are forming and you want to make sure that you get all the vitamins and minerals that you need to develop a healthy baby. This prenatal with DHA has been the best for me so far. I purchase them a costco in a huge bottle that last for like 6 months. It is hard to keep food down so I make sure to take this everyday so I get as many vitamins possible for my baby. I take it right before bed which is when I am less likely to throw up. 


Water...pee...water...pee.... get use to this trend. You have to drink water like a camel and you pee all the time. But I will tell you that I find having a cute water bottle will make drinking the gallons per day easier. I like to keep one that I can throw in my purse and go about my business. 


Peppermints have been a life saver. When I get super nauseous I toss a peppermint in my mouth and that can sometimes easy my tummy. These even help after you get sick to kinda settle your tummy so you wont keep getting sick. That was a big problem that I had where I would get sick and a minute later back in the bathroom getting sick again. Until we were at a restaurant and I grabbed a peppermint. It kind settled my tummy enough and helped me not feel like I was gonna get sick again.


These are some of the things that have helped me get through the first trimester. There is a lot of sleep and relaxing involved. You are exhausted more than you are energized so take that time to relax. 






1 comment :

  1. Gingerale is such a life saver that first trimester! Congratulations making it out of the first trimester! Hopefully you'll be finding some relief from the nausea and exhaustion soon. Thanks for linking up with us over at H54F!!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs