Quad Screening Nightmare

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Getting pregnant for us took a lot of patience and understanding. We the hard way that life doesn't happen the way that you want it to. You have to go through obstacles before you can come out a stronger person. You have to understand that timing is everything and that you are most definitely not in control. Things have a way to happening when and how they are suppose to happen. We learned another lesson a few weeks ago that at first we weren't going to share with anyone but now that we know the final result we feel more comfortable sharing.
 
When we went to my first second trimester doctors appointment my obgyn offered us the Quad screening. We decided early on that we weren't going to do the test that you have to pay for to learn the gender or anything. Why pay the extra money to fins out early when they would be running the same test at the Quad screening. So at the appointment I had my blood work done and pranced out of the office on cloud nine. As we were walking out my doctor saw us and said now on that blood work no news is good news. I just knew everything would be perfect. I mean come on we worked so hard to get pregnant the rest of the show should be smooth sailing. Well about a week later I see my doctor's office number on the phone and I pick up. I had forgot about the labs and gone on about my week. She said you did have abnormal numbers on the lab work can you come in to get the more advanced labs done. I drove like a bat out of hell to the doctors office in tears and had the labs done. My poor doctor came out of a room and saw me hysterically crying about everything. She told me to come down that most of these come back abnormal and they are perfectly fine. She said in her career only six of the advance testing had come back positive with a abnormality. That still didn't calm my nerves but I decided that I would carry on and get the labs over with. My doctor told me on the way out that the test would take two weeks to come back. To be honest during that two week wait I attempted every way possible to disconnect myself from the labs and the possibility that this baby will have a hard life.
 
 
Two weeks to the day my doctor's office called to tell me that everything came back negative and the baby was perfectly healthy. I cried and thanked her for calling me. When I got off the phone I was actually able to relax for the first time in two weeks. I can't answer the questions of what would have happened if those results came back positive. We live in a hard world and I could only imagine the struggles that a child has to go through on a normal day. I thank god for giving us a healthy baby girl and I hope that no one ever has to go through the two weeks of hell..


No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs