Meal Plan Monday

Monday, October 24, 2016

Here we are another weekend in the books and another week ahead of us. Every Sunday I attempt to sit down for 20 minutes and write out a menu plan for the week along with a grocery list. I have a horrible habit of going to the store hungry and without a list so I pretty much buy the whole damn store.... This really happens. But since we have a baby on the way and a new home that we are purchasing we menu plan. Here are the three items that I will attempt to cook this week.

One of my all time favorite things in the whole world to eat is pasta. Throw in some cheese in that pasta and I am in Heaven. I love this Crock Pot Cheese Meatball Tortellini.  Throw it together and salad. Bam dinner on the table.


Foil packet dinners are amazing. You seriously have no clean up.. Like at all. You toss your foil in the garbage and bam. Shrimp boils are amazing but lets be real no one has time for that on a week night. Here is a great alternative to that. Cajun Style Grill Foil Packet. I also pour in a little bit of the old bay liquid seasoning to make it extra yummy. And of course garlic. 

The last meal that I am making is Taco Soup. I use the same recipe every time and haven't been able to find it anywhere else. I love it and toss it in the crock pot to make it happy. 

1 can Pinto Beans, Drained
1 can Black Beans, Drained
1 can Dark Kidney Beans, Drained
1 can Corn, Drained
28 oz diced tomatoes with juice
Can of rotel with juice
Beef Broth
Packet of Ranch Seasoning
Packet of Taco Seasoning
White onion
1lb Ground Beef, cooked and drained
1 lb Conecuh Sausage

Cook the ground beef and onions until cooked through on the stove top. I use a low fat beef that way I don't really have to drain anything. Toss that in the crock pot. Put all the beans and corn in a strainer and run water over it to get all the extra juicy off the beans. I toss the beans. tomatoes, rotel, and seasonings in the crock pot. Cut up the conecuh sausage in chucks and toss them in the crockpot. I add just enough beef broth to bring the liquids to the top of the soup mixture. I like a lot of liquids in my soup but you can put as much as you want in there. Let it cook for about a hour in the crock pot then season with salt and  pepper. I usually let it cook in the crock pot on low for about two hours then serve with whatever toppings you want. Pico, Sour Cream, Salsa, Chips... the options are endless.

Well there is my menu for the week. Hopefully we will be fully moved in and I will get to cook in my new kitchen next week!!!





No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs