Postpartum Bod

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Dressing My Postpartum Hot Bod

How long is it acceptable to  use that term postpartum? Charlee turns three months old in a week (gasp!) and I'm still trying to figure out comfort in my skin. I know this comfort level looks different on everyone, but nine months of carrying a baby later I have grown to appreciate my body for what it is. My pregnancy was way different than I expected it to be. I gained 28lbs total and that includes the extra fluid at the end..... I have just come to accept the fact that I’ll always be tucking my loose skin into my pants when I sit down.  
Real talk.
I knew my body wouldn't be the same after pregnancy, but it was a reality check.  It is funny how much we don't think about postpartum during the pregnancy.. 
Over the weekend I finally, finally, finally put away my maternity clothes into their proper bins and found their place in the attic. I am not saying that there will be a next time but I also know how much maternity clothes are.
This weekend I also went through my clothes to see what I had and what I needed to purge. Loose fitting clothes are the way to go right now until
I can get this abdominal pooch gone. I purchased a lot of basics that I can interchange with each other. I purchased lots of flowy tops and more black than I would like to admit.
Here are a few ideas.... via Pinterest
   

    

Pregnancy is a such a beautiful change for your body that doesn't just stop when you have the baby. You have to learn how to love yourself after. These are just a few options until you get more comfortable in your own skin again.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs